Detailed guarantee conditions for Cotec products
§1. General provisions.
1. ADOT Sp. z o. o. (hereinafter: "the guarantor") grants a three-year guarantee on its products, i.e. furniture for cats and their components: scratching posts, wooden elements, joining of elements and upholstery. This guarantee applies only to non-commercial use.
2. The guarantee covers technological defects revealed during the use of furniture, in particular: discoloration, surface flaking, delamination, warping, deformation not resulting from flooding or excessive humidity; cracks in metal elements that are not attributable to the user; cracks due to stress or other material defects not due to excessive force or overload.
3. The guarantee begins on the day of issue of the proof of purchase (receipt or VAT invoice) or issue of the guarantee document. Please keep the documents that allow to identify the guarantee period.
4. This guarantee does not apply if furniture or supplementary elements are used contrary to their intended purpose.
§2. Defects not covered by guarantee
2. The guarantee does not cover defects resulting from the incorrect use of furniture, including damage to wooden elements and upholstery caused by intense scratching by the cat and resulting from negative external factors, which include: mechanical damage (impacts, abrasions, etc.), prolonged contact with moisture / water (flooding), exposing the product to low temperatures (below +15 ̊C), exposing the product to high temperatures (above +30 ̊C), improper maintenance ( e.g. the use of strong chemicals or cleaning preparations contrary to their intended use), lack of maintenance (e.g. persistent dirt, failure to repair a loose screw), direct contact with fire or contact with a hot object, excessive overload (also standing or sitting on a scratching post).
3. The guarantee does not cover any alteration or extension of furniture for cats made using components or materials not purchased from ADOT Sp. z o. o.
4. The guarantee does not cover the characteristic properties of the materials used (e.g. in the case of wood or natural veneer, the guarantee does not cover their graining, structure differentiation or natural discolouration, as well as slight colour differences in relation to the presented models) and changes caused by normal wear of the materials.
§3. Obligations of the guarantor
1. The guarantor is obliged to respond to the complaint within 14 days from the date of its receipt.
2. The guarantor undertakes to remove a defect of the Product revealed during the guarantee period within:
3 to 14 days from the date of accepting the complaint, if the repair does not require replacement of the structural elements of the product, 4 to 30 days from the date of accepting the complaint, if the repair requires replacement of the structural elements of the product.
5. In the event of factors beyond the control of the guarantor, which prevent processing the complaint in accordance with the provisions of section 3 item 2, the deadline for removing defects may be extended. In this situation, the date will be agreed individually. Any additional arrangements shall be made in writing or are otherwise null and void.
6. The guarantor ensures the replacement of the purchased product or its part only in the case of defects that cannot be removed.
7. The guarantor provides for the possibility of granting a price discount on the net price adequate to the defect found. The defect for which the discount was granted is excluded from the guarantee from the day the defect is granted.
8. In any case, the Guarantor may be released from the obligations arising from the guarantee by paying the Buyer an amount equal to the price paid by the Buyer for a Product affected by a defect covered by the guarantee. In this case, the Product affected by the defect is returned to the Guarantor.
9. In the event of making structural / colour changes to individual components of the Product during the guarantee period (upholstery, lining, varnish shade, system of joining elements), the Guarantor reserves the right to replace the element requiring repair or replacement under the guarantee with another available element of identical or similar function.
§4. Additional information
1. The guarantor performs its duties within 14 days in accordance with the procedure provided for in Article 580 of the Civil Code.
2. The guarantor undertakes to make every effort to settle any dispute arising out of this guarantee amicably.
3. The guarantee for the sold consumer goods does not exclude, limit or suspend the Buyer's rights arising from the non-compliance of the goods with the contract, referred to in the Act of 27 July 2002 on special conditions of consumer sales and amending the Civil Code (Journal of Laws No. 141, item 1176, as amended). or other consumer rights arising from generally applicable laws.